Kasha Champorado is one way to enjoy Raw Buckwheat! This recipe is one of our customer favorites!
- 1 cup Kasha rinsed and drained
- 6 cups water
- pinch fine sea salt
- 1/4 cup Dutch processed unsweetened cocoa powder
- 3 oz (85 g) 90% dark chocolate, roughly chopped
- 1/4 cup dark brown sugar, packed
- sweetened condensed milk
- evaporated milk
- half & half
- dairy alternatives: almond milk, coconut milk, etc.
- cacao nibs
- Combine Kasha buckwheat, water, and salt in a heavy bottom sauce pot. Set over medium-high heat and bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat to a simmer. Stir Kasha buckwheat every 3 minutes or so.
- Continue to heat uncovered for 15-20 minutes until is Kasha buckwheat is cooked through.
- Kasha buckwheat should be soft and porridge will thicken.
- Add cocoa powder, chopped chocolate, and brown sugar. Stir to combine.
- Continue to cook on low heat just until chocolate and sugar have melted.
- Remove from heat.
- Porridge can be enjoyed warm or chilled. Serve with sweetened condensed milk or topping of choice.