Kasha Arroz Caldo
Kasha Arroz Caldo you can try at home to make your rainy days feel cozy!
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 onion, diced
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed
- 1 (2 inch) piece fresh ginger, peeled and thinly sliced
- 2 ¼ pounds chicken wings, split and tips discarded
- 1 tablespoon fish sauce
- 5 ¼ cups chicken broth
- 1 cup roasted or raw Kasha buckwheat
- 1 pinch salt and pepper to taste
- 1 green onion, chopped
- 1 lemon, sliced
- 1 teaspoon fish sauce for sprinkling, if desired
- Heat the olive oil in a large pot over medium heat
- Cook and stir the onion, garlic, and ginger in the hot oil until fragrant, about 5 minutes.
- Add the chicken wings; cook and stir together for 1 minute.
- Stir the fish sauce into the pot, cover, and cook another 2 minutes.
- Pour the chicken broth into the pot.
- Add the Kasha and stir.
- Bring the mixture to a boil; cover and cook for 10 minutes, stirring occasionally to assure the rice is not sticking to the bottom of the pot.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- Garnish with the green onion, and serve with lemon slices and additional fish sauce, if desired.