Chicken Burrito Bowl with Kasha
Your favorite burrito bowl substituted with Kasha Buckwheat!
- 1 1/4 pounds chicken breasts
- ¼ cup olive oil
- ⅓ cup lime juice
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- ¼ teaspoon ground cumin
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- ¼ cup water
- 1 1/2 teaspoons smoked paprika
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1-2 tablespoons chili powder depending on the heat level of your chili powder. I use a mild chili powder so I do the full 2 tablespoons.
- 2 cups cooked buckwheat
- 1/3 cup chopped cilantro leaves
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1 15- ounce can of black beans drained and rinsed
- 1/2 cup salsa or pico de gallo
- 1 avocado thinly sliced
- 1/4 cup light sour cream
- 1/2 cup shredded romaine lettuce
- To prepare the marinade, pour the lime juice, olive oil and water into a large resealable bag.
- Add the garlic, sugar, salt, cumin, smoked paprika, onion powder and chili powder.
- Seal bag and shake to combine.
- Add the chicken to the bag of marinade, seal and place in fridge – marinate at least 30 minutes or up to 8 hours.
- Preheat a grill, grill pan or skillet over medium high heat.
- Add the chicken and cook for 5-6 minutes on each side or until cooked through.
- Chop the cooked chicken into bite sized pieces.
- Place the rice or quinoa in a large bowl; add the cilantro, lime juice and salt and pepper to taste; toss to coat the rice evenly.
- Divide the rice between 4 bowls.
- Arrange the chicken, beans, salsa, avocado, sour cream and lettuce on top of the rice. Enjoy!