Kimchi Fried Buckwheat Kasha
Try the Korean favorite Kimchi fried rice! But instead of rice, we replaced it with the healthier Kasha Buckwheat!
- 1 cup kimchi, cut into thumbnail size pieces
- 150g / 5.3 ounces bacon, cut into thumbnail size pieces
- (optional) 1 pack enoki mushrooms (200g, 7 ounces), root removed, rinse the mushrooms in cold water and drain.
- 2 cups steamed buckwheat – if it is freshly cooked, leave it out for 5 to 10 mins at room temperature to cool down before cooking.
- 4 x-large eggs, cooked sunny side up or per your preference
- 1/2 tsp minced garlic
- 1/4 cup kimchi juice (*see notes) – this liquid is from the bottom of the kimchi container
- 1/2 Tbsp sesame oil
- 1/2 Tbsp cooking oil
- 1 to 2 Tbsp roasted sesame seeds, to garnish
- (optional) 1/2 stalk green onion, thinly sliced
- (optional) roasted seasoned seaweed, shredded
- On medium high heat preheat a pan/wok
- Add the cooking oil and spread it well with a spatula
- Add the garlic, stir it fast for about 10 seconds.
- Then add the bacon and stir it well until half of it is cooked.
- Add the Kimchi and stir until 80% of it is cooked.
- (Optional) Add the mushrooms and mix them well for a few seconds. Reduce the heat to medium-medium low.
- Add the rice and the kimchi juice.
- Mix all of them together well and thoroughly.
- Add the sesame oil and mix them well.
- Remove from the heat.
- Serve the Kimchi fried rice on a plate.
- Garnish with the sesame seeds, green onion and seaweed strips. Place egg on top. Enjoy!